Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wanda Woodward and LA

I'm finally semi settled in at my new location in LA and I am already in love with the area. El Segundo is seriously a little city inside the big city. My mom took my down to the beach, which is only a 5 minute drive from our apartment so I have been taking advantage of my daily exercise right on the beach. I love it out here... and I love being so close to the water.
 
Working out of the LAX Airport is a new challenge, to say the least. Every airport is different and has specific ways of doing things, so its been interesting getting a hang of the different procedures! In Phoenix, I was seriously spoiled and just had to work one airline with one aircraft. Now in LAX, I am working 5-6 airlines and 4 different air crafts. I will tell you though, as much as everyone HATES the EMB 120, a.k.a Puddle jumper, Clown Car, or really small and loud plane, I had so much fun working that one on my first day. Even though you are constantly bumping into someone or having your hinny in their face ( not that I'm saying I like to do that :) ) it seems like a "closer" flight. Anyway, enough about that and I promise when I get back in to LA, I will start looking into Vintage Shops and see what I can find. ANY recommendations would be awesome!!!
 
Alright, now onto the vintagey part of the post, I've been thinking a lot about Wanda Woodward from the movie Crybaby. ( BTW, me and my sisters all time favorite movie). I've been EXTREMELY tempted to cut my bangs like hers.... I love them and find they so incredibly sexy... and of course the fire engine red lipstick.
 
 

 
But while looking at these picture, it got me thinking about a new sewing project... I think I will attempt to make her white and red wiggle dress...
 
 
Now let's just throw in a damn sexy picture of Johnny Depp for good measure. Yes Johnny, I will have your babies.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!