Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Perfect Apple Pie

When I think about Thanksgiving, yes, I think of the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes... But the one thing I can't stop thinking about while I'm eating those is the pie. I love apple pie and will eat it year round. I guess it is safe to say I am a pie fiend.
 
This is one of my fail proof apple pie recipes I turn to every time. 
Enjoy!
 
 
Yep, those are airplanes on my pie!!
 
The Perfect Apple Pie
 1 package of  (14.1 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed
6 or 7 thinly sliced, peeled apples ( I will usually mix it up and do some granny smith, crisp pink and pink lady.
2 tablespoon all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
 
Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in an ungreased glass pie plate. Press it firmly against the sides.
In a large mixing bowl, gently place all the filling ingredients then spoon into the crusted pie plate. Top with second crust. ( I usually like to use cookie cutters to make the top fun!)
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. After the first 20 minutes, cover the edge of crust with 2 to 3 inch wide strips of aluminum foil to prevent the crust from getting burnt. Cool on a cooling rack for 2 hours then serve! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!