Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fun little things...

Ahh.. the life of a flight attendant... One minute you are planning on going to Des Moines for 3 days and then the next you are taken off the trip, left with nothing on your schedule.  So, I decided to go get my hair (dark burgundy, I've been loving the deep red color lately) and my nails done in a fabulous fire engine red.
 
 
With the rest of the day free, I went thrift shopping in Downtown Phoenix. And leave it to me to find my new favorite shop a week before I'm suppose to move! One of the shops I went to today was called Antique Sugar. They seriously had some of the most beautiful vintage pieces I have ever seen.


 Here are some of the pieces that I found .
 

1940's Fun beaded hat
 

 
1940's Light Pink Silk Nightie

 
1950's Bright Yellow full skirted dress

 
And my favorite of all... a 1950's ankle length evening dress. Seriously, the picture does not do it justice and I almost dropped the $400 for it....
 
Even though I didn't buy any clothing items, I did find something that I have been wanting for years and just haven't been able to find....
 
An Asian to go Purse! I am in love with this! It was stashed with random other objects and I almost skimmed over it!
 
 
Then headed over to a shop called Gertie's. It didn't have a big selection of clothing but I did find a little gem in the back of the shop, a 1950's diner! If you are looking for the best Pumpkin Pie milkshake, this the place to go.
 

 
Thrift store shopping is one of my favorite things to do and I was pretty happy with the items that I did purchase. I think I spent a total of $25 for 2 purses and some 1950's hair pins that had never been used.
 
 
 1950's brown leather bag ($8), Asian to go Purse ($12) and my hair pins ($5)
 
But sometimes I just can't help myself...
 
 
Anything pink and studded, I go weak in the knees for... Also a pic of the Schwinn J got for me :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a bike just like that!! Pink and all!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my pink bike! J also got me a stuffed pug that I can put in the basket!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!