Monday, October 15, 2012

Bandana Tutorial

While I have a bit of down time, I figured I would make use of my new scarfs I picked up from Unique Vintage in Burbank last time I was here. I had only ever shopped online but J surprised me with a trip to the shop. I was like a kid in a candy shop and have been saving every penny so that I can go back and pick up some of their dresses. The scarfs I picked up are leapard and red with white polka dots.


They are absolutely beautiful and I'm seriously in love with them! Did I mention that J got them for me for that makes them even better. I've worn the leopard one before to an art showing matched with my black pencil skirt and a pink shirt.
 

SO I figure since today is going to be boring, ( I have to study for work :( ), I would get dressed up and wear my red scarf! I have people ask me quite a bit how I do my bandana hairdo, so I took some pictures while I was doing it.

Start by folding your scarf/bandana in half.

Fold the folded end up about 1 - 2 inches, depending on how wide you want it.
 
Fold again 1 - 2 more times.

(Fold second time)

At this point you will want to fold your previous folds over itself. I find that this step eliminates the excess material on the sides when you are putting it on.


Fold again until you have one long strip.


Then tie around your head! Easy as that! If the ends are too long, just tie them a few more times until they are the length that you want!

Top shot. My ends were too long for my liking so I knotted then 2 more times.
 
Little view of my outfit today. Black ruffled top dress with the red scarf.

 Here's another little tidbit for you. I love how J saves all the little things I send him. A few sexy postcards, a pic of our matching converses at Disneyland, an extra pair of my wings, and a pinup poster we like to think is me.:)
 

 Let me know if you have an questions about the tutorial or if I didnt make sense! Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!